Saturday, February 5, 2011

Updates

After the ultrasound, Ben and I talked about our options as far as delivery. I wanted to avoid a c-section if at all possible, but I also didn't want to tear like I did with Logan. Prior to my appointment, I had been praying that whatever decision we made that I would have peace about it. At my next doctor's appointment, Ben went with me and after seeing the nurse practitioner and then talking to the doctor, we decided to go ahead and be induced on Monday, January 10. After my appointment, I felt much better prepared. I was still apprehensive since I had no idea what to expect with an induction and it felt like this was my first pregnancy all over again. Fortunately, I can now tell you that this delivery went much better. I truly am thankful that God was with us each step of the way and did give me the peace about being induced. Here is the last pregnancy pic, I am 39 weeks and 3 days. This was taken at the hospital the night before I delivered. A FAMILY OF FOUR When Logan arrived at the hospital after I had Audrey, he looked a bit concerned and confused when he saw Audrey lying in her bed. He soon warmed up to her and wanted to hold her. He even bent down and was giving her kisses. Audrey also gave him kisses, although she was actually looking for food. GOING HOME I was able to go home on Tuesday, just a little over 24 hours after Audrey was born. The weather in Oklahoma was a bit icy and cold, so we got to use the snow suit that we received as a gift. It is a little big, but it served its purpose. ADJUSTING Since we have been home, there has been a lot of adjusting going on for all of us. Fortunately, Gwen was able to come down and help us. Although, there has been some "down" time and Gwen and Kara enjoyed some boxing on the Wii. We have also partaked in playing Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on the Wii. Logan got the game Just Dance for Kids and we have all played many rounds of this game. An adjustment that we still aren't used to is the broken sleep throughout the night. One of the biggest challenges is the fact that it seems that Audrey doesn't like her bed. We initially were concerned about Audrey waking Logan. However, he has adjusted to her being in his room and barely stirs when she is fussing. The problem is she will sleep in her pack and play, on the floor, in her swing, but not her bed. We have tried to put her in her bed numerous times, with little success. For the first two weeks of her life, she slept in her swing in our room. There have been a couple of nights where she was in her bed the whole night, but they have been few and far between. We really would like for her to sleep in her room, but I get frustrated after being up with her for at least an hour and end up bringing her to our room and putting her in the swing. She sleeps quite well in there, in fact there were nights where I got 4 1/2 hours of sleep at a time.

No comments: