Monday, July 26, 2010

A Walk in Progress

Ben left to go to Minot, ND on Monday, July 12. Right before he left, I brought Logan out and placed him down in the hall. He remained standing and took four steps toward Ben. It was very cute and Ben told him that he didn't want to come home to a walking boy. Later that day, I was on the phone and he would start in the corner of the couch and take four steps toward the middle of the living room. Then he would crawl back to the corner of the couch and repeat. He did this five or six times. I felt bad that Ben wasn't there to see it, but I wasn't encouraging him, so really it wasn't my fault. Ben returned on Wednesday and at that point Logan refused to walk again. A bit frustrating, but we figured he would do it in his own time. Then last week, I would be out in the kitchen and he would randomly come walking from the hall and I looked at him as if to say, "What are you doing?" So we tried working with him, but he really didn't want any attention while he was walking. I grabbed the camera hoping to capture him taking steps, but every time he saw the camera he would plop down. Since then Logan has taken quite a few more steps and I have declared him walking. I was finally able to catch him on Friday taking steps across the living room. Enjoy the show.

No comments: